Lake Tele Expedition - Mokele Mbembe
Located at in the north-eastern area of the Republic of the Congo, Lake Tele was formed in Pliocene alluvial sediments by an unknown geological process. It is elliptical, almost round, in shape and is surrounded by the Likouala-aux-Herbes swamp forests which are gradually covering it.
There are no significant inlets or outlets in the lake. The water of Lake Tele is turbid, it has high content of organic materials and is acidic The swamp forests around the lake have not yet been exhaustively explored.
Lake Tele is the best known home of the Mokèlé-mbèmbé (purportedly a large, unidentified reptilian creature), and is also supposedly the spot where pygmies killed and ate one of the creatures, around 1959.
The 1996 book Congo Journey, by British travel writer Redmond O'Hanlon, describes in some detail his journey through Congo to Lake Tele in search of Mokèlé-mbèmbé, as well as giving a rich description of local fauna, flora and Congolese cultural practices and relations with the indigenous Pygmy peoples.
ABOUT THIS EXPEDITION YOU SHALL BE STRONG IN MIND AND HAVING A GOOD HEALTHY
17D / 16N
Transportation by bus
- Visa support Letter of Invitation
- Full board Meals
- International flights
- Lunch, dinner
Arrival to Brazzaville
- Morning arrival in Brazzaville - Pick up from the airport - Overnight
Brazzaville – Ouesso (By public bus)
- Drive from Brazzaville to Ouesso - Overnight at the Hotel
Ouesso - Impfondo -Epena
- Drive from Ouesso to Impfondo by crossing the Sangha River via a back - Stopovers - Overnight
- Boat cruise from Epena to Boha - Overnight under tents
Boha- Lake Tele / Lake Tele Boha
- Walking from Boha up to the lake - Lake tele activities - Visiting around; exploration of the lake with the team - Getting into the Reserve - The deep wilderness and abyssal zone - Nature walk into the heart of darkness - Walking to the lake through the bush - Sleeping in tents, back to nature - Adventure largely unvailaible in the modern Africa of today - Not allowed to deviate from the group from the authority of the guide and staff
Boha - Epena
- Boat cruise back to Epena - Overnight
Epena- Impfondo -Ouesso
- Drive back to impfondo to board another bus - overnight
Ouesso – Brazzaville